What's it like to live in 2006

This blog is mine, and I hope your thoughts on what life is like in 2006. Please add to this blog at any time and hopefully it will create a record of events, either personal or global that will act as a snap shot of different peoples lives in this year.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Day rating 3/10

Hello all. I am attempting to write something every day, so until I can organize this blog into some kind of flowing order, please bear with what must seem like the randomness of this blog.

Some suggested headings...

  • Me today...
  • My Global thoughts...
  • I am worrying about...
  • Keeping me smiling ...
  • Hopes for tomorrow...
  • In my local news today...
  • An interesting fact I know...

A whole day of 2006 has gone and 4 Billion of us have woken up yet no-one has added to this blog. I appreciate it is only 24 hours old, but come on world....What is it like for you in 2006

What's it like for me...

Me today...

Well I worked today. Was woken at 8:40am by agency offering me a day courier work, so at least I earned my crust for today. However it all nearly ended in me just giving up. To put the event into context I drove 1 day for this agency last week and Crashed into a £30,000 E type Jag. (well I didn't 'crash' but I left a few thousand pounds worth of dent in his bumper). And what did I spot whilst I was handing over my insurance details, hundreds of Models of his precious Jaguar. He was really upset, but I think he saw how (given this was my 1st job in months) upset I was and was really OK.

But TODAY I was given a second chance. All going well until I am 1/2 way around, closing the door of the van I said to myself...."I need to be careful here, because the van automatically locks when you close the door. No prizes for guessing what I did on the next delivery...as the door closed, I instinctivly knew the keys were in the back. I scouted for a way in through the cab, but to no avail, so I had to wait foor an hour until someone arrived with some rescue keys.

The day has ended badly. I thought I was saving this blog since I have been writing it for an hour, however I hit wrong button and wiped the lot (except the bit at the top). So now it is 1 o’clock and I have a delivery job tomorrow at 8am, so I apologise, normal blogging will resume tomorrow...

Please add to this blog with what your life is like in 2006

Please become a member.

P.S. I was going to rate today as 5/10, but then I wiped the blog, so I have rated today 3/10...:(

2 Comments:

Blogger everyonesfavoritemysterygirl said...

Hello,
What a great idea for a blog! Hmmm...2006 has been a time of awakening for me. Which at times can be very exhilarating, and very painful. I'm 26 turning 27 this year. I'm too old to think this is the year I get my shit together, because every year brings new shit. I can honestly say, though, that this year has started with a bang.Checkout my blog http://lshinynewthings.blogspot.com/
Peace

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:26:00 am  
Anonymous Charlotte said...

Hello there! I am Paul's wife! Please will everybody who reads his blog leave a comment, I think it is a great idea and am looking forward to reading it again in 10years time. By the way our baby is still no closer to entering this world! If Paul thinks he has had enough of this pregnancy, he should try being me! Anyway, like I say please leave a message of some description then we can all have a laugh in 10 years about what is on our minds in 2006, I'm sure it will be very interesting.

Monday, April 10, 2006 8:01:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home