What's it like to live in 2006

This blog is mine, and I hope your thoughts on what life is like in 2006. Please add to this blog at any time and hopefully it will create a record of events, either personal or global that will act as a snap shot of different peoples lives in this year.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

An irony

It was my intention to write something every day on my blog, but I think it shows that I certainly have found it impossible to do this. However today is Sunday and I have had an eventful week.

I worked all week. Was really chuffed. No indication as to next week, but I have decided not to work next week, for a number of reasons.
The main of course is the impending birth. I think it is better to tell them I can't work, than say I can and let them down.

The second reason is that I need to visit the local Unemployment office. Getting a little worried about running out of cash I decided I needed to sign on. Anyway on Friday I received a letter saying that I had turned down a job as an accommodation manager, paying £20,000 +. This was a job I had scouted whilst waiting to sign for the first time, however when I rang them they told me the job had been filled...lol. So I need to find out what they are playing at. The second reason I need to see them is to establish whether it is worth me signing on when I am working sporadically for an agency. On Thursday I have an interview for a job as a Deputy manager of a home for special needs, so I think it would be prudent to take a week out, get Molly out and Charlotte sorted, and then I can continue to work for agencies (able to now prove experience of multi-drop), so should be able to keep working until something permanent.

Charlotte still has not had Molly. We again went out last night, and tried Guinness and black. We went for another curry, but Charlotte elected to go for a Hawaiian Burger. She has just eaten a full pineapple, and taken the dog for a walk (Amy is with her Nana).

Global News...

*Dozens dead in Pakistan stampede

An emergency was declared at Karachi's main hospitalsAt least 29 women and children have died in a stampede after a religious gathering in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi. Full story here (Source BBC)

UK News...

Phone firm 'plans free broadband'

A fast-growing number of firms now offer broadband connections. Mobile phone retailer Carphone Warehouse is expected to announce the launch of a free broadband service later this week.
The company looks poised to provide free access for customers who sign up to its Talk Talk landline service.
A Carphone spokeswoman said that it could not comment on speculation but it did have plans to expand its broadband service in 2006.
The move could lead to a big shake-up among internet providers. Full story here (Source BBC)

Tony and Gordon:

"Blair and Brown in show of unity"
Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have launched Labour'slocal
election campaign in England which focuses oncouncil tax,
crime and education. The prime minister and chancellor put
on a united front after recent reports of differences, as they
met a group of activists ahead of the 4 May poll.
There were no opportunities for journalists to ask questions
of the politicians following their speeches.Full story here (source BBC)

In my local news today...
Car-jacker flung Dorothy in road
A slightly-built widow has told how she was flung to the road from her Nissan Micra during a violent car-jacking.
The plucky elderly lady tried to fend off her attacker and refused to budge from the driving seat.
But he was twice her size and he wrenched her hand off the steering wheel and dragged her out of the car before driving off. Full story here (Source www.thisisbradford.co.uk)
Me today...
OK I think. The birth is making me nervous. Charlotte has had a few twinges and her instinct thinks this may be the start. Bag ready and 2 child seats in car. We have decided to try and persuade any present giving to nappies and baby wipes. Having had Amy we have virtually everything, so don't want people spending money on clothes and such that we do not have the need or room for. I hope the message gets through, but I doubt it.
I am disappointed that it had been 5 days since I wrote this daily blog...:)

I am worrying about...
The baby. Charlotte is Pacing

Keeping me smiling ...
My brother's antics in the pub last night

Hopes for tomorrow...
Job Centre meeting goes well (They tell me there's been an administrative cock-up, and I was meant to get the job of accommodation officer, and can I start next Monday...:)

An interestinging fact...
On the first Thursday of next month at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 A.M., the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06. That won't ever happen again...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home